The next step towards creating a romantic cottage was to transform the existing furniture. Originally the furniture was a yellow/beige color and very plain. I first sanded the furniture and applied rose appliques. Then I had my husband, who is a painter, prime and paint the furniture white. Next, I put a clear sealing coat and to finish the look changed the hardware to crystal knobs for a more delicate and feminine look. I love how it all turned out. Very shabby chic!
This is so charming~ I love painted furniture and your piece came out wonderful! Would love for you to come share this at Feathered Nest Friday at my blog sometime! :)
ReplyDeleteHi Courtney. Thanks, I would love to share this at Feathered Nest Friday. :)
ReplyDeleteThe perfect piece for your makeover!
ReplyDeleteChanging it to a truer white certainly changes that yellow/beige they used so much in that time period.
A painter hubby, too... lucky! Looks wonderful