Thursday, June 9, 2011
The heart of the home
Labels:
cottage kitchen
The heart of our home, the kitchen, was the first to be transformed into the romantic cottage style. I love to cook for my family, therefore the kitchen is my favorite room of the house. We painted the walls a celery green. I refreshed the white paint on the cabinet doors and added pink roses wallpaper decals to the cabinet doors. I also added wainscoting paneling to the nook area and a floral transfer to the back of the island. I scouted the internet for items like the island and french-style iron pot rack. The breakfast nook was a bid on Ebay. All items were acquired over the years. The shelf over the nook was bought at a garage sale. The cupcake plates, mosaic tile teapot and vase over the sink window were bought at thrift stores. Most other items were obtained at Homegoods, Michael's and Joann's (my most favorite stores). I collect teacups and mugs with pink roses, some were acquired at flea markets in New York city. I love pink, so many items such as the pots, utensils, phone and Kitchenaid mixer of course are pink. My hubby got me the pots, phone and mixer as presents for various occasions. The pink teapot and pink rose canisters were also presents from my family. Eventually I hope to have a pink toaster oven and food-processor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love you r kitchen!!! I wish the pictures are more bigger size so... but your kitchen is really cute! I envy you. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Joy! If you go to my Cottage Kitchen Photos page you can click on each picture twice to enlarge them. :)
ReplyDelete