Saturday, July 30, 2011

What's in a name . . .

I named my daughter Lily Iris, because I wanted her to have a feminine pretty name. Iris is a third generation middle name. My grandmother gave my mother the name Iris as her middle name, then my mom passed it onto me and now it is also my daughter's middle name.  I thought Lily sounds like such a delicate sweet name. Now that everyone is trying to come up with outrageous names for their children, I wanted to give her a name that is not the most common but not bizarre. I used decoupage to decorate the letters of her name to put in her nursery. I plan to create a garden in honor of my daughter and will be planting lillies and irises symbolic of her name. I hope it becomes a special place for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment